Current WIUF Board of Directors
The Westmoreland Intermediate Unit Foundation, Inc. is governed by an eleven-member board of directors. All board members are volunteers with the exception of the executive director of the Westmoreland Intermediate Unit (WIU), who is an ex officio member. The board is a mix of WIU-related personnel and representatives from the community, with membership weighted in favor of the community delegates.
Regular meetings are scheduled on a quarterly basis, usually in February, May, August and November.
In addition to their board seat, most of the directors also serve on either the Fundraising/Awareness Committee, which plans and conducts fundraising and awareness activities, or the Grants Committee, which oversees the Impact Grant program and other giving.
Current members of the WIU Foundation Board of Directors are:
- Luann Murtha, Latrobe; an active WIU teacher (Board President).
- Dr. Jason Conway WIU Executive Director
- Roberta Cook, Delmont; community member Franklin Regional SD Area
- Karl E. Eisaman, Greensburg; President, McDowell Associates, Greensburg (Vice President).
- Bob McDonald, Hempfield Area SD, IU Board Member
- Stu Hartman, Aflac Representative
- Angela Moffat, Greensburg; personal finance associate with First Niagara Bank, Greensburg.
- Denise Myers, Latrobe; Office Manager - Oral & Maxillofacila Surgery Centers, Latrobe/Greensburg. (treasurer)
- Michel Maiers, Latrobe; Optometrist/Owner of Youngwood Eye Care, Youngwood.
- Sharon Rupert, retired WIU Supervisor
At present, board officers are: president - Murtha; vice-president - Eisaman; treasurer - Myers
- Directors Alwine and Eisaman are charter members of the board, and have served the WIUF since its inception. Other charter members of the board were Dennis Holodnak, Gregg Kretchun, Nicholas Masciantonio, Bruce Paul, Thomas Sochacki and Betty Valerio; none are currently active. At the time of the founding, Mr. Paul served as executive director of the WIU, Mr. Kretchun as the foundation coordinator, and together were the force behind the formation of the WIUF. Until August 2012, Mr. Holodnak was Director of Financial Services at the WIU. Greensburg businessman, Daniel Querio held a directorship from 2005 through November 2012. Others who have served on the board are Robert A. McDonald, the late Claude Myers, Melanie Pantalone, Dr. Jay Tray, Deb Ciocco, and Dr. Luann Matta. The Foundation also lost a valued member in January 2013 with the unexpected death of Mary Jane Betz, a longtime educator and retired WIU special education director.
On behalf of the WIU Foundation and those children throughout Westmoreland County who we serve, appreciation is extended to all of our directors, past and present, for their contributions of time and talent.